Saturday, January 31, 2009

random number xiao-ism generator

I think I'm supposed to title this "25" (you can thank Jen for this post, since she asked to see everyone else's "25"). I'm not sure I'll have that many. Anyway, you know what the deal is. I won't make you do your own list, but it might be fun for you to read mine. Actually, maybe not. You don't have to read all the way through. Maybe you can use a random number generator to pick which ones you want to read. =P

1. I don't really like the number 25. I don't dislike it, and I think it ranks higher than the number 19, but I don't quite like it as much as 7 or 2.

2. According to my schedule I'm supposed to be reading a chapter from "Guide to Managerial Communication: Effective Business Writing and Speaking" by Mary Munter.

2a. I don't think that really counted as a random thing about me. I'll add to it by saying I actually carry a planner, to-do list, and a print-out of my Outlook calendar with me to school. All this scheduling might be counter-productive.

3. By numbering this list, I feel compelled to go to 25. Or stop at 25, if I go over. I'm tied to the numbers and that makes me antsy. I think I'm going to change the numbering.

7. I've always wanted to have my handwriting analyzed. You know, like how they say bold letters means someone who is confident/assertive? Something like that.

16. My full name is Xiao-Xiang Wong. Mandarin first name, Cantonese last name. Xiao-Xiang translates to morning river, or something like that. Specifically the Xiang river. I was thinking the other day it would be nice if I got to visit the river that I'm kind of named after.

12. I giggled at how Jen's first crush was a Polish boy. I thought that was cute.

13. I had a first crush, too. I think it was a crush, anyway. I was in 1st grade (not in Menlo Park, so none of you knew me). Apparently I always talked to my mom about this kid in my class, Andrew. He was tall for our grade. Once, when he was feeling sick and didn't want to stand up because his stomach hurt, I offered to carry him to the nurse's office.

25. Maria said she likes hearing stories about my swim coach. So I'll tell another one. My friend Jill was diagnosed with Leukemia back when we were in high school. Before that, though, she started complaining to Dave (coach) about pains in her arms. She used to ask to get out and stretch, and Dave started getting upset that she was slacking off. He was there, though, when she was diagnosed, and her mom told me that he cried. I have never seen Dave cry in my life.

10. Did you think ^ that was the last one? I fooled you, didn't I? Hahaha just kidding. I'm not a funny person. I think if I had to do a stand up comedy routine, it would just be one big spaz. Maybe some of you would find that funny. I, however, find it pretty mortifying. I've had numerous nightmares about being asked to do something funny. I'd be worse than Marlin the Clownfish.

11. My family and I once listened to the Ashlee Simpson CD on repeat so many times during a road trip that we had the entire thing memorized by the end.

14. My Dad can identify Sheryl Crow and Christina Aguilera on the radio. Specifically "Soak up the Sun" and "What a Girl Wants." Oh wait, this is supposed to be random things about me. Oops.

99. For the longest time, I had trouble bringing myself to say something like "That guy is cute/hot." (In reference to movie stars or something) I still only use "He's cute" with great reserve. I think I just don't really see people like that.

1111. It's 11:11. I'll write it here, like putting a wish on reserve for you all. Go ahead, make a wish. =)

0. I'm tired. Good night =)

3 comments:

M said...

Andrew... Fleischer? No way...?
I liked the story.

David said...

I can see Fleishcer and Xiao.

Stevie said...

i learned a little