Thursday, July 10, 2008

on love and marriage

I've recently received some very interesting advice on love and marriage:

There's a man in the 5th ave/53rd st subway station that I see every now and again. He looks rugged and unkempt; elderly but not too old--but the thing that most surprises me is his voice. I heard him before I ever saw him; despite the 5 pm subway rush I can always hear his deep voice. The first few times I heard the voice, I thought it was a recording--the voice was crisp, precise, with a majestic tint to it. I never stood long enough or close enough to make out what he was saying in full, but one day I caught all of one of his favorite quotes:

"Looking for a husband? Be sure it's not me! Suffering is the married man."

And just yesterday, these words of wisdom from my married boss:

"Make sure you date all kinds of boys. Bad boys, geeks, artists, musicians...date them all. You never know what you'll like."

Worthy advice?

4 comments:

Stevie said...

haha you got to start somewhere i guess.

S. Jennifer Choi said...

my mom says that to me too =)
but i think it depends on the person. i mean, my parents only dated each other, and they worked out...i think...hehe

M said...

http://picasaweb.google.com/maria.xia

are you sharing your pictures as well?

M said...

haha jen sounds like your mother is trying to live through you.