Friday, December 11, 2009

home

Above the front door to my house, there's this...I don't know what you'd call it. Translucent glass pane, or something. I usually don't give it a second look, but I must say, I am so grateful for it. And that's because on sunny days it lets in the most amazing ray of light. I love the way the sunshine comes through it and hits the top step of our hardwood staircase. I used to find Mom and Dad early on Sunday mornings sitting on that step, in that sunbeam, reading the newspaper together. It was my habit to kick them out of that spot so I could curl up and take a little cat nap, right there on the floor.

I was walking out of the kitchen today, back to my room, when I was hit by the light and warmth from that window. Without hesitation I did a couple turns on the spot and dropped to the floor for a rest. If I had a tail, it surely would have been swishing back and forth in content. I even heard the crumpling of a newspaper in the background, because Dad was skimming the headlines at the kitchen table.

I'm home, guys. =)

No comments: