Things I've noticed about Australia:
1. Nobody actually ever says G'day mate. They do, however, use "No worries!" with abundance. I think of Hakuna Matata all the time.
2. I think they actually mean it when they say it, too. People here are just so nice. I met a man from Tasmania on the plane, a grandfather, who gave me his phone # and told me if I ever went there, he and his wife would lodge me!
3. The toilets do not flush in the opposite direction of the Northern Hemisphere, or however that myth goes. In fact, my toilet does not really whirl at all. It just kinda goes straight down.
4. Australia has been in drought conditions for the past 10 years. And they also have bad sun exposure because of that gap in the ozone layer or whatever.
5. Drought conditions = this sticker in my shower that says "If you cut your shower time from 7 minutes to 4 minutes, you can save ____ liters of water!" And I thought 7 minutes was already pretty quick.
6. Oh, and it's illegal to wash your car. Unless you go to a certified car wash or something like that.
7. It's also illegal to be on a bicycle and not wear a helmet... even if you aren't moving.
8. This isn't an observation really, but for those of you who will ask: No, I have not seen a kangaroo yet. Or a koala bear. Or a wallaby. Or a pocket pet. (To Jen: I have not seen a "pet pocket" yet either ahahah!)
9. It is surprisingly chilly here at times. I notice this quite often. Because my room does not have heat.
10. And the last thing I notice...is that it doesn't have all of you? (Hahahaha would you like some wine with that cheese? =P )
No pictures yet, sorry! Hope you're all doing well.
[240704] Halle Bailey with SAN
2 years ago
1 comment:
americans are so wasteful :(
nicaragua's also suffering from drought conditions (they lost an entire growing season) and they're teaching their children to be more environmentally friendly. which is nuts, because their carbon footprint is already negligible.
you've re-inspired me to take faster showers.
Post a Comment